The history of Jaffelin merges with that of the Collegiate Church of Notre Dame de Beaune. Over the centuries, our cellars have housed the wines of the Collegiate Church and of the princes of the Church. The Chapter cellars changed owners in 1816, when the Jaffelin brothers set up their trading house. Today, as eight centuries ago, our wines rest in the monastic tranquility of the Chapter cellars.
Jaffelin, the smallest of the great Burgundy Houses as it likes to say, wrote a new chapter in its history in 2004 with a fully restored vat room equipped with the most precise tools. It is in this magical place located in the historic center of Beaune that Marinette Garnier, our oenologist-winemaker, produces “hand-sewn” cuvées. Since this period, Jaffelin has never ceased to sublimate the best Burgundy terroirs through a complete collection of great wines, awarded in prestigious competitions and appreciated by connoisseurs around the world.